Submitted by the Parents Diversity Council
The Parents Diversity Council was formed in 2018 to create opportunities within the Bedford Public Schools to foster a culture of inclusion and belonging for all Bedford, Boston, and Hanscom students and their families. Through fun and meaningful events, community conversations, and collaborative initiatives, the PDC provides safe and welcoming spaces to nurture authentic and lasting relationships between students and families.
The PDC is a nonprofit, volunteer-run organization that relies on the generous financial support of community members. Here are some of the ways the PDC has made a positive impact in the Bedford community this past year:
- Organized family and caregiver outings, including a tour of METCO Headquarters and Nubian Square, a Wheelock Family Theater performance, and a Boston paint night.
- Hosted four Stay-and-Plays for Davis and Lane students and two BHS student-led peer mentoring events for Lane students.
- Partnered with Bedford Public Library on two family-oriented Cultural Mosaic events for Diwali and Lunar New Year.
- Led planning efforts for town-wide celebrations of PRIDE and Indigenous Peoples Day.
- Organized a community conversation with BHS alum Boyah Farah, author of America Made Me a Black Man.
- Co-sponsored the BPS Black History celebration with Bedford METCO program.
Help the PDC raise $5,000 in crucial funds for continued work by donating to the PDC’s Annual Appeal. Every dollar donated is fully tax-deductible and will directly benefit students and families in the Bedford public schools.
The PDC is grateful for the partnership of supporters helping build a warm and equitable community where everyone feels supported.
Donate via Paypal at: https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=5QBFYHBS9MV9Y or by mailing a check to Parents Diversity Council, PO Box 142, Bedford, MA 01730.
Email [email protected] with any questions, to learn more about what the PDC does, or to express an interest in joining the Parents Diversity Council.