Halloween is over and most of the black and orange lights have been taken down along with the witches and spiders. Diwali starts this Sunday, Hanukkah begins the second week in December and Christmas is six weeks away.
Early Christmas lights seem to have the most opinions as to when it is appropriate to have them on.
Driving around town, a smattering of red and green lights are showing up, which raises the age-old question of – “When is too soon to display Christmas lights?” That question can be split in two.
- A: When is it too early for you personally to put up lights in your own home? Or,
- B: When is it too early for others to display their lights and decorations?
For the purpose of this poll, we are only asking when is the right time to display holiday lights.
Nationally, most people believe Dec. 1 is the appropriate date to start displaying Christmas lights. Here’s the story:
Today’s Homeowner – Oct 23, 2023
So What’s Bedford Thinking? When is the right time to display holiday lights?
- The day after Thanksgiving (45%, 118 Votes)
- December 1 (36%, 96 Votes)
- November before Thanksgiving (9%, 23 Votes)
- Week of Christmas (4%, 11 Votes)
- All year long! (4%, 10 Votes)
- Day after Halloween (3%, 7 Votes)
- Christmas Eve (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 265