Submitted by Jeff King, Housing and Economic Development Director
Please join the Town of Bedford for a full day of fun activities culminating in the annual tree lighting festivities at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 2.
The day will consist of several events, including:
Holiday Artisans Fair from 2 to 6 p.m.
An artisan’s fair will be held in conjunction with the tree lighting and winter walkabout. Sponsored by the Bedford Cultural District and the Gallery Committee @ First Parish, the fair will take place inside First Parish on Bedford Common.
More than two dozen local artists and craftspeople will exhibit and sell original work. There will also be live music.
Children’s Fair from 2 to 4 p.m.
Downstairs at First Parish. Children select and wrap free gifts as well as enjoy art making activity. Child care will be available.
Holiday Storybook Trail from 2 to 6 p.m. (Also available on Sunday, Dec. 3)
Visit 14 outdoor locations on Great Road and Mudge Way to read a page from Snowmen at Night. There is a free paper bookmark with locations that include:
- Bedford Free Public Library
- Playground Park
- Mudge Way side of the Bedford Police Station
- Great Road side of the Bedford Police Station
- First Congregational Church on Great Road
- First Congregational Church Parsonage on Great Road
- Excelled Care
- Bedford Fire Station
- KB Jewelers
- Between Ginger & Suzanne’s on Great Road
- Corner of the Bedford Common (South Road)
- Middle of the Bedford Common (Great Road)
- Corner of the Bedford Common (Elm Road)
- Entrance to the Artisan Market
Winter Walkabout from 2 to 6 p.m.
The Winter Walkabout presents a flurry of activities to encourage everyone to stroll, shop, savor, and socialize to kick off the winter season. Bedford Recreation, Economic Development, and Healthy Bedford in collaboration with the Bedford Chamber of Commerce invites everyone to walk around Bedford Center, enjoy the lights, plus shop and dine locally while celebrating the arrival of winter in Bedford. Participating establishments include:
- Suzanne & Company, 90 The Great Road ~ beer & wine garden, live music
- Brown & Brown PC, 110 The Great Road ~ cider and snacks and craft project
Greenery/Swag Holiday Door decorations
- Fetch It, 48 The Great Road ~ warm beverages and snacks
- Bedford Historical Society, Old Town Hall, 16 South Rd. ~ gift shop items for sale, archives and vintage recipes on display, and free candy canes
- First Parish, front steps, 75 The Great Road ~ hot chocolate
- Ken’s NY Deli, 72 The Great Road
- Bedford Fire Station, 55 The Great Road ~ hot chocolate with marshmallows, the Rotary Club of Bedford will be standing out front handing out personal safety lights
- Barrett Sotheby’s, 51 The Great Road ~ professional family photos with Santa, warm drinks. Bedford Cupcakes will also be there.
- Bedford Free Public Library, 7 Mudge Way ~ Friends of the Library Holiday Book Sale (Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m.)
Tree Lighting at 5 p.m.
Citizen of the Year Angelo Colao will lead the countdown to light the trees on Bedford Common at 5 p.m. sharp. This will be followed by a special visitor from the North Pole arriving atop a fire engine with treats and wishes for a joyous holiday season.
Please note that Elm Street between the Great Road and School Way will be closed beginning at 3 p.m. to the completion of the event on Saturday, Dec. 2. Parking is available on the Town Campus. For more information: Bedford Cultural District | Bedford, MA (bedfordma.gov)