The Town of Bedford is looking for volunteers to serve in 21 roles on 14 different town committees with vacancies.
People can learn more about what these committees do, what openings are available, and when the groups’ meeting times and agendas on the Town’s website. The Volunteer Coordinating Committee encourages people to attend a meeting of the committee they are interested in serving, either in person or online if possible.
Once ready, volunteers should fill out a volunteer questionnaire and submit it to the Town Manager’s Office. Any questions about volunteering on town committees can be directed to the Volunteer Coordinating Committee through the town website.
Current openings on town committees include (updated Oct. 24, 2023):
- Bedford 300 Tricentennial Committee**
- Bedford Housing Partnership***
- Bicycle Advisory*
- Capital Expenditures Committee**
- Conservation Commission*
- Cultural Council*
- Energy and Sustainability**
- Finance Committee*
- Hanscom Area Towns Committee (HATS)*
- Historic District Commission*
- Historic Preservation Commission*
- Municipal Affordable Housing Trust**
- Petitioner’s Advisory Committee**
- Trails Committee*
(“*” Indicates number of openings)