“Friends: the Heart of the Library” is the theme of this year’s National Friends of the Library Week, celebrated from Sunday, Oct. 15 through Saturday, Oct. 21.
As Bedford Friends co-chair Susan Rogalski points out, “The Friends of the Bedford Free Public Library organization plays a vital role in our library, providing essential funding and support for programs and services such as the museum passes and children’s programming that would not otherwise be possible.”
Susan points to some of the ways people can celebrate National Friends of the Library Week:
• Join the Friends of the Bedford Free Public Library! This is a great way to get involved in the community and support the local library. Learn more at https://friendsofthebedfordlibrary.wildapricot.org/Join-Us.
• Shop for used books, DVDs, and CDs on the Friends of the Bedford Free Public Library carts outside of the library or inside in the book nooks near the circulation desk. Help the Friends and the environment by donating gently used books.
• Attend a Friends of the Library event. The annual meeting will be held on Saturday, Dec. 2, followed by a two-day holiday book sale.
• Donate to the Friends of the Bedford Free Public Library. Your donation will help to support essential programs and services at the library.
• Advocate for the library. Attend town meetings to show support of the library. Speak to elected officials about the importance of funding libraries and supporting library programs.