Are you handy around the house? A natural tinkerer? Mechanically inclined? Like to fix things? You are just what the Fix-It Shop is looking for.
The Bedford Fix-It Shop is looking for volunteers to fix what ever happens to come into the shop.
- Willing to learn from others
- Able to troubleshoot with the team
- Not afraid to get dirty
- Works closely with others
- Good customer service
- Must be available on Tuesdays and/or Wednesday from 8 a.m. to noon
The list of what the Bedford Fix-It Shop fixes is long and varied.
Routine work includes:
- Replacing watch batteries
- Getting clocks running again
- Repairing lamps, vacuums cleaners, radio/CD players, remote controls, etc.
- Repairing small appliances such as coffee makers, blenders, toasters, fans and humidifiers
- Unstick stubborn switches, such as a microwave door
- Sharpen knives, scissors, and garden clippers
- Re-glue chairs, tables, chairs and ceramic items,
- Restore sound and light to children’s toys
For more information, call 781-275-6825. The Bedford Fix-It Shop is located upstairs in the COA building at 12 Mudge Way.