~Submitted by Liz Antanavica, Refuse & Recycling Administrator
The Bedford Department of Public Works is excited to announce a new Waste Wizard and Collection Calendar tool, available now on the Trash & Recycling web page.
This new tool has several features that help put “All of Your Waste, in Just One Place.” Managing unwanted items should be simple and easy. While the solid waste and recycling industries are changing, residents can feel confident knowing they can access all disposal options available to them directly through this new tool.
We received resident feedback in June 2022 during the online Recycling survey that there was a strong desire to be able to skip the call center and report curbside collection issues online. This new tool makes that process possible, too.
Some key benefits include:
- Address-specific collection information.
- Print out a calendar or set a reminder for the schedules that are important to you.
- Report missed pickups online, 24/7, by clicking on the “Need Help” tab.
- “What do I do with…” more than 700 pre-programs search terms in the Waste Wizard to help make getting rid of unwanted items simple.
- Translate the information directly to Spanish, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.
- All Bedford residents (including those in developments with private disposal services) can find relevant information they need.
Interact with the tool on the Trash & Recycling main landing page of the Town website.
ReCollect provides the software that allows the DPW to customize the information contained within the tool so that it’s specific to Bedford. In the future, there will be the option to expand the functionality of the tool for things such as scheduling bulky item pick up or the addition of a mobile app.
Please direct any questions to Liz Antanavica, Refuse & Recycling Administrator, (781)275-7605, ext. 4261.