~Submitted by Liz Antanavica, Refuse & Recycling Administrator
Curbside Yard Waste Collection will begin on Monday Nov 7, 2022. Read the full yard waste press release here. https://www.bedfordma.gov/trash-and-recycling/news/fall-2022-curbside-yard-waste-collection
During this time, Republic Services will suspend regular burnable bulky item pick up. Our goal is to improve the overall resident experience and timeliness of the seasonal yard waste collection.
Items in the following categories will be impacted:
• wooden and upholstered furniture;
• large plastic items;
• carpet and rugs.
This change will not impact mattresses and box springs collected by UTEC, or White Goods and Electronics scheduled with Republic Services as these are collected by a third-party vendor.
Residents who anticipate the need to dispose of household furniture or other burnable bulky items should schedule collection for pick up on either Monday Oct 24 or Monday Oct 31. Items scheduled after this time will be collected on Monday Dec 5.
During the collection pause, residents may consider the following alternative outlets:
• Habitat for Humanity ReStore – 100 Chelmsford Rd, Billerica MA. Accepts high quality building materials, furniture (including wooden or upholstered) and other construction materials. Pick up is available. https://lowellhabitat.org/restore/donate/
• Lowell Wish Project – 166 Middlesex St, North Chelmsford. – Accepts new and gently used furniture, including cribs (less than 5 years old). Also accepts baby gear. https://www.thewishproject.org/donation-guidelines/
• Household Goods, Inc. – 530 Main St, Acton. Accepts gently used furniture, working TVs and small appliances and other household items. Pick up is available. https://www.householdgoods.org/donate/donate-goods/donation-guidelines/
• Conigliaro Industries – 701 Waverly St, Framingham. Offers drop-off gate pricing to the general public on a variety of household waste items including furniture and construction materials. https://conigliaroindustries.com/gate-pricing
Please direct any questions to Liz Antanavica, Refuse & Recycling Administrator, (781)275-7605×4261.