April 7, 2021
- Two (2) new COVID-19 positive cases at JGMS (JGMS case #19 and #20). One of these cases is a result of a positive pool and close contacts have been identified for both cases.
- One (1) new COVID-19 positive case at Lane School (LS Case #14). This case was identified as a result of a positive pool and close contacts have been identified.
- There are currently four (4) active COVID-19 positive cases in the JGMS community at this time.
- There is currently one (1) active COVID-19 case in the Lane School community at this time.
- These cases do not appear to be connected or related to previous cases identified in the schools.
- To sign up your child for pooled testing: Bedford Pooled Testing
There are two (2) new cases of COVID-19 within the JGMS Community and one (1) new case within the Lane School (LS) Community. All of these cases are in isolation at home. JGMS Case #19, #20, and LS Case #14 were present in school during their infectious period and close contacts have been identified and instructed to quarantine. Information on close contact identification, contacting tracing, and where and when to get tested, can be found in our FAQ.
We remind parents/guardians/caregivers that it is imperative that all Bedford Public School students be evaluated for symptoms of COVID-19 each day before sending them off to school. Teachers and school staff are required to do the same self-evaluation for symptoms. Aside from the pooled testing for COVID-19 offered through your child’s school, free weekly COVID-19 testing is available for free to all Bedford staff and residents. To take advantage of this testing, please navigate to www.bedfordma.gov/testing. All the protective measures, taken in combination, greatly reduce the risk of transmission and help to keep our schools open.
We will continue to be vigilant in adhering to all of the protocols that have been put in place in an effort to continue in-person learning via our current hybrid model. We are also providing remote learning for all students required to quarantine at home to continue to provide instruction, structure, and an emotional connection to the classroom during a time that we know will be challenging for those children and families involved.
We are committed to continuous communication with and support of our families. If there is additional transmission as a result of these cases or a separate case, the Bedford Health Department Staff and School Nurses will immediately begin a case investigation to determine close contacts of any cases and conduct appropriate notifications to any impacted school community members so as to initiate proper quarantine. Thank you for your continued support.
Wishing you continued health.