April 9, 2021
- One (1) new COVID-19 positive case at Lane School (LS case #15). No close contacts.
- Two (2) new COVID-19 positive cases at BHS (BHS Case #55 and #56). Close contacts have been identified.
- There are currently two (2) active COVID-19 cases in the Lane School community at this time.
- There are currently two (2) active COVID-19 cases in the BHS community at this time.
- These cases do not appear to be connected or related to previous cases identified in the schools.
- Please consider signing up your child for pooled testing so we can identify asymptomatic cases: Bedford Pooled Testing Sign Up.
There is one (1) new case of COVID-19 within the Lane School (LS) Community and two (2) new cases within the Bedford High School Community. Each of these cases are in isolation at home. LS Case #15 was NOT present in school during their infectious period and investigations determined no close contacts in the Lane School community. BHS Case #55 was present in school during their infectious period and investigations revealed that no close contacts were identified within the high school community. BHS Case #56 was NOT present in school during their infectious period however other high school community close contacts have been identified and instructed to quarantine. Information on close contact identification, contacting tracing and where and when to get tested, can be found in our FAQ.
We remind parents/guardians/caregivers that it is imperative that all Bedford Public School students be evaluated for symptoms of COVID-19 each day before sending them off to school. Teachers and school staff are required to do the same self-evaluation for symptoms. Aside from the pooled testing for COVID-19 offered through your child’s school, free weekly COVID-19 testing is available for free to all Bedford staff and residents. To take advantage of this testing, please navigate to www.bedfordma.gov/testing. All the protective measures, taken in combination, greatly reduce the risk of transmission and help to keep our schools open.
We will continue to be vigilant in adhering to all of the protocols that have been put in place in an effort to continue in person learning via our current hybrid model. We are also providing remote learning for all students required to quarantine at home to continue to provide instruction, structure, and an emotional connection to the classroom during a time that we know will be challenging for those children and families involved.
We are committed to continuous communication with and support of our families. If there is additional transmission as a result of these cases or a separate case, the Bedford Health Department Staff and School Nurses will immediately begin a case investigation to determine close contacts of any cases and conduct appropriate notifications to any impacted school community members so as to initiate proper quarantine. Thank you for your continued support.
Wishing you continued health,