Compiled by The Bedford Citizen
Bedford’s annual celebration of the Town’s founding in 1729 will take place on Saturday, September 17.
While organizations will begin setting up hundreds of booths at the fair very early in the morning, marchers will gather for the parade along Great Road, passing the reviewing stand in front of the Police Station and ending along Mudge Way where the festivities go into high gear.
Come early, stay late, celebrate Bedford on its 257th birthday, and utilize the maps, booth lists and organiastional information The Citizen has gathered for you!
Map of the Fair and Booth Location Lists
- List of Booths by Organization Name
- List of Booths by Number
- Click to view a scalable map of the Bedford Day Fair
The Great Road (from Loomis Street to The Great Road/North Street/Concord Road) will be closed for the parade at 10 a.m. until approximately 12 p.m. Traffic will be detoured around the event during those times. Loomis Street will be closed at 9:30 a.m. for parade staging. There will be an extension of the overnight parking ban on The Great Road throughout the morning until after the parade ends. Any motor vehicles found parked on The Great Road during the morning of Sept. 17 will be cited and subject to tow if owners cannot be located. With thanks to the Bedford Police Department.
Some of the Activities Sponsored by Bedford organizations
- Danny Oates Memorial Road Race: The Danny Oates Memorial 5K, sponsored by the Frank W. Thompson Lodge, Bedford Masonic Association was founded to pay tribute to the beloved son of Bob and Judy Oates, long time Bedford residents. Bob is a retired Bedford firefighter, and their son Brian currently serves as a firefighter now. Since 1998, the race has added over $100,000 to the scholarship fund, and last year gave out over $15,000 in scholarships. Click here to learn more
- Friends of the Bedford Free Public Library Booksale: The Friends of the Bedford Library are holding a three day Fall Book Sale. The sale begins Friday, September 16 from 1:00-5:00 and continues Saturday, September 17, from 10 to 4. On Sunday, September 18, from 1:00 to 4:00 there will be a half price and bag sale in the fiction and children’s sale rooms; items left after the Friday and Saturday sales will be available at half price or for $6/bag. Items in the non-fiction room will be sold at half price. The Book Sale is held rain or shine at the library located at 7 Mudge Way Click here to learn more
- Bedford Arts and Crafts Society’s Art Show, Raffle, and Silent Auction: The 2016 Regional Art Show will be dedicated to John Dodge, a BACS founder, and Anne MacRae MacLeod, a former BACS member, both of whom have died recently. There is also an online silent auction, and a booth full of treasures at the fair. Click here to learn more.
- Mothers Out Front: The Bedford chapter of Mothers Out Front will be marching in the parade and will have a booth set up afterwards. The organization’s focus on affecting positive change to give our children a livable climate will be represented by the 5-foot diameter paper mache earth that will be pulled behind a bicycle at the parade, as well as with a display of all gas leaks in Bedford at the booth.