Submitted by Maureen Richichi
I am pleased to announce my candidacy for re-election for a second term on the Bedford Board of Health (BOH).
For the past two years, I have been honored to serve as the Board’s Vice-Chair and its liaison to the Healthy Bedford Task Force.
My professional experiences in community health settings prepared me to contribute to the Board’s work during the past three years. Community health has been the primary focus of my 45-plus years in Public Health and School Nursing.
My relevant town experiences include membership on the Bedford AIDS Task Force, serving as Bedford Youth and Family Services’ Prevention Coordinator (1997-2004), and active participation with CERT, Bedford’s citizens’ emergency response team.
Significant Board of Health initiatives in the last three years include:
• COVID pandemic mitigation and treatment guidance and test kit access for the Bedford community;
• Design and completion of a BOH and Health Department internal COVID Pandemic Response Evaluation;
• Presentation of the BOH’s recommendation to the School Committee regarding the implementation of sleep-friendly school start times for our Middle and High School students;
• A Gun Violence Prevention initiative in collaboration with the Bedford Police Department;
• Guidance regarding residents’ access to comprehensive reproductive health information.
I am confident that I bring a uniquely relevant expertise and experience to the Board, and a strong commitment to protecting and promoting our community’s health and wellness. I want to continue the work the BOH is doing preparing for future pandemics and responding to other public health issues and crises that may arise.
I ask for your vote in our upcoming Town Election. Please contact me at [email protected] with your concerns and questions or to help on my campaign.