There will be no contests on the Saturday, March 9 Town Election printed ballot.
Wednesday at 5 p.m. was the deadline for obtaining nominating petitions, and the only candidate who has them is Emily Prince, running for one of two seats on the Board of Trustees, Bedford Free Public Library.
And that’s only because a family illness kept Prince from joining all of the other candidates on the ballot who were nominated at the January 9 citizens’ caucus.
Incumbents seeking re-election are:
- Chris Gittins, Planning Board
- Brian O’Donnell, Shawsheen Valley Technical High School Committee
- Anita Raj and Maureen Richichi, Board of Health
- Lauren Crews, Bedford Housing Authority
Running for vacant positions are:
- Dan Brosgol, Select Board
- Angel Pettit, School Committee
- David Powell, moderator
- Gyasi Burks-Abbott and Emily Prince, Library trustees
- Nicholas Howard, Board of Assessors
All of the terms are for three years except Housing Authority (five years) and moderator (one-year unexpired term).