Submitted by the Town of Bedford:
Bedford’s Fall curbside yard waste collection begins on Monday, Nov 6. Yard waste will be collected on three Mondays in November, excluding the week of Thanksgiving.
Residents should place acceptable yard waste curbside in tall paper bags or open barrels with no lids on Sunday evenings, but no later than 7 a.m. on the day of collection. The Town’s contractor will begin collection each week on Monday and finish collecting the yard waste route by the end of the day Friday. To report a missed collection, use the Waste Wizard tool at www.bedfordma.gov/recycling.
Acceptable yard waste includes:
- Leaves and pine needles,
- Grass clippings, garden trimmings and weeds
- Tree material up to one inch in diameter.
Yard waste in plastic bags will be left behind. Collected material is brought to the Town’s Compost Center. Please – no stones, trash, or other non-compostable debris.
- Saturday, Nov 11
- Saturday, Nov 18
- Saturday, Nov 25
A resident sticker is required to use the Compost Center. Stickers are available during business hours at the DPW, 314 Great Rd, with proof of residency (vehicle registration and driver’s license). Contractors, Landscapers and Commercial vehicles are not permitted to use the site.
Residents can also bring yard waste, tree limbs and larger tree material to the Compost Center, 108 Carlisle Rd, on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The site is open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (extended hours until 3 p.m. on:
Bedford’s Stormwater team reminds residents that Bedford’s storm drains and catch basins bring untreated water directly to our rivers and streams. Help protect our watershed with these helpful tips:
- Consider mulching leaves in place with your lawnmower to put valuable nutrients back into the soil.
- Gather leaves and other yard waste into a compost pile, let overwinter and decompose and then use as fertilizer next growing season.
- Bag leaves for collection or bring them to the Town Compost Center.
- Reminder: Yard waste should not be placed in or adjacent to any wetlands.