~ Submitted by Sheila Mehta-Green, Ph.D.
I am pleased to announce my candidacy for election to the School Committee.
My husband Brian and I have been residents of Bedford for 20 years. We, along with our sons (one at BHS and one at JGMS), enjoy being active in our community. For the last 12 years, I have had the opportunity to benefit and contribute to the education experience in Bedford.
It has been an honor to serve our education community in the following ways:
- Co-Chair of Special Ed Parents Advisory Council (SEPAC)
- Room parent at Davis and Lane Schools
- Co-Chair of Celebrating Differences program at Lane School
- BEST Color Run Planning Committee
- District Committee for School Reopening (Spring 2020)
- JGMS Committee for School Reopening (Spring 2020)
- JGMS Principal Search Committee (Spring 2021)
- Vice President of Middle School Parents Association (MSPA)
- Parent volunteer for academic and extra-curricular school programs
Additionally, I have had the privilege of being an adjunct faculty member, teaching Sociology at Middlesex Community College for the last 20 years.
I understand the importance of supporting the complexities of the “total student”, which is based on an inclusive environment that promotes academic and social success for all our students.
I have had the opportunity to work with students, teachers, school administrators, parents, and our community members for the last 12 years to be a voice to help develop programs that support our education system in Bedford.
I look forward to hearing your ideas and working with you on how we can continue to evolve the educational experience in our town. I humbly ask for your vote at the Town Caucus on January 4, and again at the Town Election on March 12.