Compiled by The Bedford Citizen
Celebrate the winter holidays in Bedford this weekend:
- Sip and Shop, a craft and vendor market at the American Legion on December 6
- Last-minute notice from Temple Shalom Emeth in Burlington: There will be a short, community-wide Hanukkah menorah lighting ceremony at the temple at 6:30 pm. Everyone who has a menorah should bring it. Rabbi Susan Abrams hopes that non-Jewish friends will stand with Temple members. Once the menorahs are lighted, the group will sing blessings and a couple of songs. There will be a Hanukkah service right after which all are welcome to stay for, followed by a dessert reception.
- The Friends of the Library’s Holiday Book Sale (& Friends’ Annual Meeting) is set for December 8, with the sale continuing on the afternoon of December 9.
- A service of Advent Lessons and Carols will take place at St. Paul’s Church on December 8
- The 32nd annual Breakfast with Santa, an iconic fundraiser sponsored by the Bedford Rotary Club on December 9.
- The Holiday House Tour on the afternoon of December 9, with a horse-drawn wagon to shuttle visitors from home to home.
- And, two Chanukkah parties on December 9: the first sponsored by Temple Shalom Emeth at 11:30 am and another sponsored by the Bedford Jewish Community at 3 pm