Weather Didn’t Deter Bedford’s First Responders During Winter Storm Grayson

Bedford’s finest successfully extinguished a kitchen fire at Ashby Place during Thursday’s blizzard – Image (c) Mary Firestone, 2018 all rights reserved

By Mary Firestone

First responders arrived at Ashby Place during the height of Thursday’s snowstorm when a tenant burned something on her stove and set off the fire alarms.

Some years ago a similar incident caused a serious fire that burned half of the building. This time, the fire department responded quickly so they were able to inspect and depart quickly, too.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Keep our journalism strong! Support The Citizen Journalism Fund today. Contact The Bedford Citizen: [email protected] or 781-430-8837

Share your enthusiasm for this article!
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

All Stories

What’s Bedford thinking, when do you turn on your heat? 

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
  • Junior Landscaping
Go toTop