Compiled by The Bedford Citizen
Bedford’s Indpendence Day celebrations will begin on Thursday, July 2 when the Brass Connection performs at 7:30 pm, prior to the Town’s once-every-five-years fireworks display. The fireworks are expected to begin around 9:30 pm.
The concert will take place at Bedford’s Municipal Complex, 12 Mudge Way, behind the playground. The concert venue is among the best places to view the pyrotechnics. Attendees are encouraged to bring folding chairs or blankets to sit on, and to walk or bicvcle if at all possible.
The fireworks display created by Atlas Pyrovision Entertainment will begin shortly after the Brass Connection’s performance ends, with the shells and rockets launched from the John Glenn Middle School fields. The JGMS complex will be a safety zone, and spectators will not be permitted in that area.
The public viewing area on the fields adjacent to the High School and Town Center may be accessed by foot, bike or vehicle via The Great Road entrance until these lots fill up. Click here to download or print the Town’s map showing parking and safe viewing areas for the Fireworks.
Starting at 5 pm on Thursday, July 2, the following roads will be closed to motor vehicle traffic.
- Railroad Ave from McMahon Road to Highland Ave
- McMahon Road at Concord Road
- Railroad Ave at South Road (open to residents only)
The Bedford Police Department anticipates the roads being reopened around 10 to 10:30 pm.
If the Thursday’s fireworks are cancelled due to weather, the road closures and the fireworks will take place on Friday July 3.
Please note that
- Town By-Laws prohibit the consumption of alcohol on Town property. The Bedford Police will be present to ensure the safety of all guests.
- The Town of Bedford has a carry in/carry out policy for trash; please remember to take all of your belongings with you after the event.
- Because of limited parking, if you live within walking distance of the viewing area, please consider walking to the event. Additionally, if you live near the JGMS/BHS complex, you may be able to see the display from your yards if there are not tall trees blocking views in the direction of the complex.
- As with all public gatherings, roadways and driveways must be kept open for emergency vehicles. Please be aware and do not block these important access areas.