- This event has passed.
The Privates Rule: Let’s TALK About Keeping Our Kids Safe with Dr. Nora Shine
April 9, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Click this link to print a copy of the flyer for yourself
Privates Rule by Dr. Nora Shine will change how you think about keeping kids safe from sexual abuse, and will leave you feeling informed, empowered, and eager to use the strategies outlined in her presentation.
Drawing on her experience as a child psychologist, and mother of two young children, Dr Shine will present research-driven, realistic strategies that parents and educators can readily use.
In this warm and engaging talk, you will learn:
• Facts about child sexual abuse that lead to effective prevention strategies.
• A framework for integrating abuse prevention into good parenting and teaching practices.
• How to recognize adult behaviors that should raise concern.
• How to calmly and confidently address concerns, without over or under reaction.
• How to increase communication with children so they feel supported and protected.
“This talk addressed an extremely difficult topic in a positive, common sense manner. It was an informative and empowering talk for anyone who cares about keeping children safe.” Carole, Preschool Director
“I was bracing myself for an unpleasant discussion about all things dangerous. Instead, it was a great learning opportunity and I felt that I walked away better armed to protect my girls.” Stephanie, Parent
“Before the talk was even over, I was thinking about how I can get all the parents I know to come to the next one. And my husband. And my parents.” Lisa, Parent
SPONSORED BY: THE BEDFORD FAMILY AND CONNECTION and the BEST PTO
- April 9, 2019
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Community Organizations and Events
- Event Tags:
- Bedford, Healthy Bedford, School News, Youth and Family Services
50+ Job Seekers Group: Free Career & Networking ProgramMarch 22 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until June 28, 2023
Town of Bedford Food Bank ServiceMarch 23 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 4:00 pm on Thursday, repeating indefinitely
Friends of Job Lane House Annual MeetingMarch 26 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm