Join us for an Earth Day Community Composting Fair on April 23rd. Bedford Library, Front Lawn
The Earth Day Fair will feature:
- Live demonstrations of home composting methods
- Fun activities for kids!
- Build your own small composter
- See composting worms up close – you can bring some home!
- Photo-op with a Giant Worm
- A free kitchen countertop composting container to anyone who buys a backyard compost bin from Bedford’s DPW or buy a countertop container for $7
- Sign up for Black Earth Compost curbside pickup
- Tips to reduce trash and prevent recycling from being incinerated
- Ways neighbors can work together to combat climate change
Composting is easy and has many earth-friendly benefits. It…
- Draws down carbon dioxide from the atmosphere
- Builds healthier soil
- Keeps food waste out of our trash. By weight, 40% of our trash!
- Improves water retention
- Saves tax dollars that would be spent to haul away unused food
- Prevents food garbage from releasing the powerful gas methane
- Creates natural fertilizer and jobs in the composting industry
- Demonstrates the power of regenerative agriculture
Composting = Less emissions, healthier soil, healthier food & healthier kids.
**This event is sponsored by Bedford Mothers Out Front, Bedford D.P.W., Bedford’s Energy and Sustainability Task Force, First Parish in Bedford Environmental Justice Committee, St Paul’s Episcopal Church Green Team, and the First Church of Christ Congregational Green Team**