Spring is such a vague term, and I would argue it’s somewhat personal, too. According to the movement of Earth around the Sun, spring started on March 20. Meteorologists have their own phrase, meteorological spring in March, April, May.
According to the groundhog, spring either comes early, OR, six weeks after Feb. 2, which is March 16. I don’t know about you, but March 16 is an early spring around here. Others may associate it with the Red Sox opening day, Pole Capping Day, Patriots Day, daffodil blooms, robins and other birds returning, the sound of leaf blowers everywhere, ping of the baseball bat and Easter.
What’s Bedford Thinking? When does spring start for you? Take our Poll!
What’s Bedford Thinking? What signifies the start of Spring?
- Daffodils or other flowers (39%, 39 Votes)
- All of the Above (18%, 18 Votes)
- Birds Singing (13%, 13 Votes)
- Calendar Date (12%, 12 Votes)
- Baseball Opening Day (6%, 6 Votes)
- Something Else (6%, 6 Votes)
- Pole Capping or Patriots Day (5%, 5 Votes)
- Sports Outside (1%, 1 Votes)
- Leaf Blowers (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 100