It’s not too soon to start thinking about your entry into the 13th Annual Peeps® Diorama Contest.
As the Bedford Free Public Library says, “it’s the most delicious time of the year” when those harbingers of spring-colorful candy Peeps®-become the foundation for theme-based dioramas.
Here are some ideas from past years’ contests: “Cast Away” and “Peep Sox Nation” from the 2014 contest. Oftentimes it’s a current book or TV series that becomes the theme for a diorama. Harry Potter themes have been popular in past years. The age categories are: Grades K-5, 6-12, Adult, and Family – mixed ages.
Here’s what you need to know to get started:
- Peeps® must feature prominently in your diorama.
- Limit one submission per individual/team contestant.
- Your finished work must not be larger than 18 inches wide by 18 inches deep.
- You must submit a completed copy of this form with your entry. (Available at the library or to download here).
- Entries must be submitted by 6 p.m. on Monday, March 20.
- Submitted entries become Library property and will be displayed.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at [email protected].
- The public is invited to view entries on display in the library from Tuesday, March 21 through Monday, March 27 and to cast their votes for our “Peeple’s Choice” Award.
- Other honors include the coveted “Best in Class” award for each age category.
- Winners will be announced on Wednesday, March 29 at 2:30.pm at our Awards Show.
- You are welcome to bring your dioramas home. Entries must be claimed by Monday, April 3 at 6 p.m.; or else, they’ll be eaten!