Home on Brooksbie Road Heavily Damaged by Fire

December 12, 2022
Firefighters from Bedford with assistance from Lexington and Burlington put out a fire at 36 Brooksbie Rd. on Monday. Staff photo/Wayne Braverman

A fire did heavy damage to a home at 36 Brooksbie Rd. during the late afternoon on Monday. 

Firefighters clean up after fighting a blaze at 36 Brooksbie Rd. on Monday. Staff photo/Wayne Braverman

Bedford Fire Chief David Grunes said the fire was caused by “the careless disposal of a cigarette.” Firefighters from Lexington and Burlington joined the Bedford Fire Department in putting out the conflagration.

The heaviest damage was in the back of the home. The fire reached the ceiling and headed for the attic. No one was hurt from this fire.

Brooksbie Road was closed to traffic for the second half of the evening commute from The Great Road to the Page Road intersection. With temperatures in the frigid 20s, the Department of Public Works, which put up barriers to shut down Brooksbie Road, also took care of any icing on the road.

Grunes said it “will be some time” before residents will be able to return to their homes. He said this is the second time the BFD has been to that home to extinguish a fire. He said they were there several years ago to put out an outside blaze. 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Wayne Braverman is the Managing Editor of The Bedford Citizen. He can be reached at [email protected], or 781-430-8837.

NewsMatch is here! Bring the news to Bedford and your gift will be matched by NewsMatch, local donors, Suzanne and Company, and Werfen. Donate to NewsMatch today!
Contact The Bedford Citizen: [email protected] or 781-430-8837

Share your enthusiasm for this article!
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

All Stories

What's Bedford Thinking? Which word from Merriam Websters notable words of the year most resonated most with your year in 2023? 

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
  • Junior Landscaping
Go toTop