April 13, 2021
- One (1) new COVID-19 positive case at Davis School (DS case #20). Close contacts identified.
- One (1) new COVID-19 positive case at JGMS School (JGMS case #21). Close contacts identified.
- Two (2) new COVID-19 positive cases at BHS (BHS Case #57 and #58). No close contacts.
- There is currently one (1) active COVID-19 case in the Davis School community at this time.
- There are currently two (2) active COVID-19 cases in the Lane School community at this time.
- There are currently four (4) active COVID-19 cases in the JGMS community at this time.
- There are currently four (4) active COVID-19 cases in the BHS community at this time.
- The cases at DS and BHS do not appear to be connected or related to previous cases identified in the schools. The new JGMS case is not indicative of in-school transmission, however, the impacted individual has had an out-of-school connection with a previous JGMS case.
- Please consider signing up your child for pooled testing so we can identify asymptomatic cases: Bedford Pooled Testing Sign Up.
There is one (1) new case of COVID-19 within the Davis School (DS) community, one (1) new case in the JGMS community and two (2) new cases within the Bedford High School Community. Each of these cases are in isolation at home. DS Case #20 was present in school during their infectious period and in and out of school close contacts have been identified. JGMS Case #21 was NOT in school during their infectious period and outside of school close contacts have been identified. BHS Case #57 and 58 were NOT present in school during their infectious period and investigations revealed that no close contacts were identified within the high school community. Information on close contact identification, contacting tracing, and where and when to get tested, can be found in our FAQ.
We remind parents/guardians/caregivers that it is imperative that all Bedford Public School students be evaluated for symptoms of COVID-19 each day before sending them off to school. Teachers and school staff are required to do the same self-evaluation for symptoms. Aside from the pooled testing for COVID-19 offered through your child’s school, free weekly COVID-19 testing is available for all Bedford staff and residents. To take advantage of this testing, please navigate to www.bedfordma.gov/testing. All the protective measures, taken in combination, greatly reduce the risk of transmission and help to keep our schools open.
We will continue to be vigilant in adhering to all of the protocols that have been put in place in an effort to continue in-person learning via our current hybrid model. We are also providing remote learning for all students required to quarantine at home to continue to provide instruction, structure, and an emotional connection to the classroom during a time that we know will be challenging for those children and families involved.
We are committed to continuous communication with and support of our families. If there is additional transmission as a result of these cases or a separate case, the Bedford Health Department Staff and School Nurses will immediately begin a case investigation to determine close contacts of any cases and conduct appropriate notifications to any impacted school community members so as to initiate proper quarantine. Thank you for your continued support.
Wishing you continued health.