This is an update to “Coronavirus and Covid-19 ~ Information and Reliable Sources” by Gene Kalb, published in The Bedford Citizen on March 17.
The Bedford Citizen publishes current local information about the Covid-19 pandemic, and efforts to help by your town and neighbors. Click this link to read everything gathered in a special section
Helpful quick links to basic government sources, updated daily:
- Local news from the Town of Bedford: https://www.bedfordma.gov
- News from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: https://www.mass.gov/resource/information-on-the-outbreak-of-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- The US Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov
In-depth Covid-19 news
Several respected national newspapers have taken down their pay walls to allow free access to special sections devoted to Covid19 news. This gives readers without subscriptions the opportunity to read in-depth background stories and current news about the pandemic.
Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation projections
These models are being used by the White House and are frequently referred to in the press. They originate with the University of Washington, Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation and are based on specific assumptions about mitigation. The projections are national and for each state – Covid-19 Healthdata.org
Checking the Facts
Because accuracy is crucial, two sites to clarify what you may have heard on Facebook, Twitter, or from a friend standing six feet away.
- Snopes: The Coronavirus Collection: Fact-Checking COVID-19
- Factcheck: https://www.factcheck.org/issue/coronavirus/