Immediate abutters were informed of the hearing by mail on January 16, 2019.
The Selectmen last heard an update on this project from DPW staff and VHB on February 25, 2019. Since that time, the following meetings/milestones for the project have been completed:
- Funding for the final design engineering services approved at Town Meeting in March
- Town/VHB hosted an open house for the project abutters to discuss the project status and any specific ROW questions/concerns, impacts, etc. on April 3
- Contract amendment executed between Town/VHB for final design services on July 23
- VHB reached out to MassDOT to schedule Design Public Hearing (DPH). MassDOT requested that Bridge Sketch Plans and Geotechnical Report be submitted for the proposed culvert at the Concord Rd crossing prior to scheduling the DPH in September,
- Geotechnical investigations completed at Concord Rd for culvert design, October 15-21
- Site walk meeting between VHB and the Town Engineer on October 21
- VHB completed the Bridge Sketch Plans and began to progress the design for 75% design submittal in November
- Bridge Sketch Plans for Concord Rd culvert crossing submitted to MassDOT with updated project schedule on December 4
- Geotechnical Report for Concord Rd culvert crossing submitted to MassDOT – Request for approval from MassDOT to schedule DPH on December 10
After the February 6 Design Public Hearing, VHB will incorporate any relevant comments into the plans. The company anticipates formally updating the Board on the outcome of the DPH and the next steps at the March 9 Selectmen’s meeting.
Construction is still anticipated to take place between Spring, 2022 and Fall, 2023.