Submitted by Bedford Recreation, Economic Development, Healthy Bedford and the Bedford Chamber of Commerce
Join friends and family as Bedford enjoys this much anticipated and newly-expanded community tradition — the 4th annual Winter Walk-About and Community Tree Lighting on Saturday, December 1, 2018.
Bedford Recreation, Economic Development, and Healthy Bedford, in collaboration with the Bedford Chamber of Commerce, invite you to walk our Town Center, enjoy the lights, shop and dine locally, and celebrate winter’s arrival.
Special activities are designed to encourage everyone to stroll, shop, savor, and socialize as Bedford kicks off the winter season.
Click this link to view/download/print a scalable PDF version of the 2018 Walkabout map
The afternoon begins with a Free Skate from 1:30 to 2:40 pm at the Edge Sports Center, www.theedgesportscenter.com, 191 Hartwell Road – bring your own ska tes!
The Walkabout moves to Bedford Center, Old Town Hall, and Bedford Common in the late afternoon. Local businesses will be open, offering special events and gifts, and there will be a Shop Local event in the Great Room on the third floor of Old Town Hall, 16 South Road, from 4 to 6 pm.
The Countdown to the Tree Lighting will begin shortly before 5 pm when new Town Manager Sarah Stanton will click the switch to illuminate the glistening lights in the trees on Bedford Common. A few minutes later, a special visitor from the North Pole will arrive, atop a fire engine bringing treats and good wishes for a joyous holiday season.
The following businesses & partners are scheduled to participate this year:!
- Suzanne & Company – Hot chocolate, a brass band & a Rapscallion Brewery beer garden
- KB Jewelers – Pastries, raffles, store discount
- Clayful Expressions – Candy
- Barrett Sotheby’s – Free photos with Santa and fun activities
- Yoga Nova – Raffle, cookies and hot apple cider
- Corner Antiques – Store discount
- Wearovers – Cheese & crackers, sparkling cider
- First Parish – Hot chocolate
- Bedford Free Public Library – Snowflake making, and a visit from Curious George
- Bedford Depot Park Welcome Center – Snack bags and coffee along with their holiday sale
And don’t forget the Chamber of Commerce’s Shop Local event in Old Town Hall
- Barre 3
- Bedford Cupcakes
- Bedford Rotary
- Bernardo Farrias Academy
- Callahan’s Karate
- Great Road Gallery & Framing/Simply Silver Wear Adornments
- Learning Express – Decorating ornaments
- Lexington Symphony
- Middlesex Community College
- Middlesex Savings Bank – Baked goods
- Red Heat Tavern – Butternut Squash soup
- Sabai Arts Shop
Editor’s Note: Read more about the special visitor expected to arrive during the Walkabout