Compiled by The Bedford Citizen
Beginning with SATURDAY, APRIL 14, the Town of Bedford’s Hazardous Waste Collection dates for the balance of 2018 have been announced:
- Saturday, April 14
- Saturday, May 12
- Saturday, June 16
- Saturday, July 14
- Saturday, August 11
- SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16
- Saturday, October 13
- Saturday, November 3
Unless otherwise noted, Bedford hazardous waste is collected through the Minuteman Household Hazardous Products Collection Facility at the Town of Lexington’s landfill at 60 Hartwell Avenue Lexington from 9 am until 2 pm.
Bring ID: Pre-registration is not required and the event is free of charge to Bedford residents. However, when you attend the event, you must show an ID or utility bill displaying your Bedford address.
Click this link to print a PDF of the 2018 chart of Acceptable and Unacceptable Materials
If you need further information about the Household Hazardous Products Collection Event, please contact the Board of Health at 781-275-6507.
Collect Household Hazardous Products
- Be efficient. Consolidate and combine with your neighbors to keep costs down and this program in place for future years.
- Please bring at least 10 gallons or 10 pounds of household hazardous waste.
- The cost to the Town is over $50 per participant whether you have 1 gallon or 10 gallons.
- Only household quantities will be accepted under the household collection program.
- Other options are available for businesses. Contact the Board of Health at 781-275-6507.
- Latex paint is not accepted.
- NEVER MIX CHEMICALS, store different items in different boxes.
- Tighten caps and lids.
- Leave materials in original containers.
- Pad boxes with newspaper to minimize spills.
- Drive directly to the center.
- NEVER SMOKE – STAY AWAY FROM FLAMES.
If you are unable to attend one of the above events, you may attend pay-as-you-go events held at the Clean Harbors Facility in Braintree. Contact them directly at 781-380-7177 for available dates and times.