Submitted by the Bedford Recreation Department
The Rec Department is looking forward to a fun-filled Bedford Day on Saturday, September 19. Please read this important information and call or send e-mail if you have any questions (781-275-1392 or [email protected])
Click to view or print
- A handy map of the Fair layout to print
- A scalable map of the Fair layout to view online
- A list of booth locations by organization name
- A list of booth locations in numerical order
- Setup for the fair is from 8:00 a.m – 10:00 a.m.
- Please do not park your vehicle in numbered fair spaces during set up; those spaces are assigned to other fair participants.
- Please make certain that your organization/group is identified to the public via signage (especially nonprofits that are represented by a third party vendor).
- If you are having items delivered (tents, generators, etc.), please tell the vendor the name of your group; deliveries often arrive and drivers do not know which group they are with.
BOOTHS: Please look carefully for your booth number in fresh paint on the ground. The map is relational only, not drawn to scale, so please make certain to watch for your number!! Boundaries are delineated by white spray paint dots, not by the parking spaces. If you have any questions about your location, please look for a Recreation Staff member for assistance to avoid setting up in the wrong location and having to move.
Please set up as close to the rear of your space as possible to help us provide as much space as possible for foot traffic.
FAIR END TIME: In order to ensure that fairgoers are safely away from the fair grounds prior to the return of vehicular traffic, we ask that all participants shut down at 3:00. Vehicles will be permitted on Mudge Way as of 3:30 to transport equipment from the fair grounds.
MUDGE WAY CLOSING: After 10:00 a.m., vehicles will not be permitted on Mudge Way. Mudge Way will be open for pedestrian traffic only on Bedford Day from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
FLOATS: Floats will not be permitted to enter the fair grounds after the parade. If you are using any items from your float at your booth, please note that you will have to walk the items to your booth. Under no circumstances will vehicles be permitted on Mudge Way after 10:00 a.m.
ELECTRICITY: If you requested Town electricity for the fair, please be certain to bring a long extension cord(s) to draw from the electrical panels; some panels are quite a distance from the spaces (200ft recommended). We do not have extra cords.
FOOD PERMITS: If you are serving food, you must have a permit from the Board of Health. Those without permits will not be able to distribute food at the fair.
FUN! Let’s make this an enjoyable event for all. Please permit fairgoers to stroll among the booths without pressure to buy, sign or endorse!
CLEAN UP: Please make sure that your group cleans up after itself.
Questions? Please call (781-275-1392) or send e-mail ([email protected])